1. Information we collect
a. What we collect
When you enter your details into the petition we collect the following information about you that reveals your specific identity, or is directly tied to your specific identity:
We also collect information that does not reveal your specific identity, or does not directly relate to you, such as:
- browser and device information
- information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
b. How we collect it
- Browser and device information: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a designator that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you use our platform and services, along with the time of your visit and the specific page(s) that you visited.
2. How we may use your information
Here are the ways we might use your information to run our platform, provide our services and serve you better content.
- We need your contact information to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- If you are using one of our mobile applications, we use your device ID to recognise you when you use the application and to store your preferences and settings.
- We use IP Addresses for administration and security purposes, such as calculating usage levels of our sites, apps and API, helping diagnose server problems and detecting fraud and spam behaviour.
3. Who may receive your information
Here we outline when and how information can be shared by us. We won’t share your contact details with the local council without your permission.
- Your name, email address and home address will be shared with the local council to inform them of how many of us oppose the development on our green belt land.
- If you do not wish to have such information shared with the person who initiated the petition, please do not sign the petition.
We do not monitor, verify, or perform any background check on petition signers.
4. Data retention & security
We take a lot of measures to protect your personal information.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your information within our organisation from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. We take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we use it. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure please immediately notify us of the problem by emailing email@example.com
5. How to contact us
The best way to get in touch with us is to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for supporting change in your community